Tuesday, January 8, 2013

DARK SIDE - BEAUTY, LOVE & LAUGHTER

I watched my 7 year old niece as streaks of warm tears ran down her tender cheeks.
Sobbing quietly, as she saw the little children maltreated by some cruel step-mother in the
movie. I marveled how she was able to relate with reality at such tender age.

Sending me a mail several years later, she told me she was seeing this guy in her
NYSC and he's the best thing that's ever happened to her. I had mixed feelings even
though I knew it was a part of life's hurdle we get to scale at some point.

I thought carefully before replying for the best possible advice. I told her I truly share in her
joy and know what it feels to be in love. That everyone deserves to have such genuine
feelings but there is a dark side to beauty, love & laughter which everyone should be aware of.

True beauty finds expression when nothing at that moment seem attractive.
How best you handle disagreements depend on how long your love is going to last.
The great lessons of true laughter could be learned from the sad yet honest tales of sorrow.

To have it all; keep it simple, be polite & honest about your feelings and finally
there are no perfect relationships only perfect emotions - Never Lie to Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment