Sunday, January 4, 2015

BROWN – TALE OF TWO RIGHTS


Walking into their house, I got welcomed not even by a short-changed pleasantry… At first I thought it was a video shoot but I saw no cameras on set. I asked for an explanation.

Femi: She pays attention to everyone and everything but me and still has the guts to say she can’t share me anymore… Madness!!!

Tega: All I've ever done is to encourage him to be better'. If that’s a crime, is better I take my leave (in tear-patched voice).

Femi: She always makes me feel inadequate. Do more, you can be better... I think of that and drive myself even harder but she doesn't seem to appreciate my efforts. I'm sure she has always wanted someone better.

Tega: I boast and brag about him in the face of my family and friends out there. Getting home I try to encourage him to be better but what do I get? He shuts me out. I can't be second to anything or anyone.

I took their hands, pulling them together. I said our greatest fears often times tend to drive our greatest desires or pursuits. Most men are at their lowest when they sense the vibe of inadequacy. Most Women on the other hand is likely to push the distress button at the scent of threatening insecurity.

Tega don't make him feel inadequate and Femi, don't make her feel insecure.

A crystal clear communication is what you should work on as you never get so much out of accusations. 

Just like two wrongs; two rights don’t always make a right.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment