Monday, January 3, 2011

MAICETO

Everyone gave way as I made my way through.
I beheld something beautiful from afar but couldn’t go close cos i knew i was no match.

So much laughter filled the air from the kids at the other side: smiles as charming as rose colored petals; worries seemed extinct amidst them.

While sulking, i decided to throw Pity a party in commemoration of how terrible i felt with myself. No sooner, a host of other kids came over to dine at Pity's party.

Touching some other kids by my side, i wasn’t too sure who was been beckoned. Like one growing out from the desert soil, i was dry and scaly having numerous scalp of pride on my head.

Including me? I asked with inaudible words, touching my chest. Moving with reluctant steps, fleas made it even more difficult, as they clustered the decaying wound of sins on my legs.

All other kids ran towards Him. Receiving them lovingly as well as the kids on the other side, He motioned towards me.

Few steps away from me, He stooped right in front of me with arms wide stretched.

Ceaseless tears ran down my cheek as i moved closer into His warm embrace. With the most charming smile on His cheek, showing no iota of disgust, i heard His tender voice calling my name, saying 'I’ve missed you my son.

'All this while I’ve waited for you, it grieved my heart when your pride turned away your face from my direction. Times when u were fast asleep, i came sobbing by your side hoping you'll realize im your father. You spat on my face, walking out on me when you decided to let the world dictate and influence your thoughts and actions. In spite of all these, I forgave you and love you with an everlasting love'.

In brokenness and a contrite spirit, i said 'Dad, I’m really sorry. Take away my cloak of pride, and heal me from sin's decaying wound. Grant me your grace to live uprightly and to tell and show the whole world what your love is worth.
Now I've proven beyond reasonable doubt that you are indeed the LOVER AND SAVIOUR OF THE WHOLE WORLD and to this I say; MAICETO, NA GODE.

No comments:

Post a Comment