Sunday, May 22, 2016

Substitute

So I've been battling with this ailment for some time now. I ignored it initially but it grew worse making me very uncomfortable.

I went to my employer who happens to be my personal physician for the normal prescription. Like every good physician, he ran a test but offered no prescription.

It couldn't be out of stock because I was 
certain He had the prescription I needed. 
I tried to patch through but my condition grew worse.

By my third time of visit, I wasn't going to leave the dispensary. My excruciating pains left me almost numb hence my resilience. I asked yet another time.

Reaching out to the section towards where He had what I felt I needed, He reached out and got something else - a substitute.

Puzzled for a few seconds while I awaited the dosage, He spoke softly to me that I had several other ailments that I did not mention, maybe not yet but didn't want me to come back for those other things hence the "Do-It-Yourself" substitute.

Stream of tears immediately streaked down my face. Barely did I know He had better plans for me as this ailment seemed to be the most pressing at that particular time.

"So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment